Monday, September 20, 2010

Mass Media - Radio



Are Mass Media more globalized than the people who consume them?
I’m not really sure, I’d like to say no but there is something in me that says yes.
What does it mean when patterns across the Western globe are so similar?
I think that patterns in the Western globe are so noticeable similar because once one country finds a sequence of doing something that controls the following group (the group being unconscious of this) then other countries catch on seeing what this pattern has brought forth.
Where do cultural differences "survive" if media do not carry them - or do they?
Cultural differences survive in the people.  If the culture rejects a pattern long enough media will have to change to satisfy the following.
What can you say about Radio in Germany?
I say that radio stations in Germany are much of the same pattern of the U.S.’s.  Although I don’t know if the commercials are any similar compared to ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment